Thursday, September 29, 2016

More and more amor (Herb Alpert) (LP 49-51)

Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass The Lonely Bull (Vinyl - Festival, 1962) **
Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass South Of The Border (Vinyl - Festival, 1964) ***
Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass Going Places  (Vinyl - Festival, 1965) ***

Genre: Easy Listening

Places I remember: From my dad's collection. South of the Border has a sticker from HMV in the Cuba Mall, Wellington so I guess he got that on a business trip.

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Nice version of All My Loving; Walk, Don't Run is bouncy fun!


Gear costume: The Lonely Bull is iconic and Tijuana Taxi brings back many memories.


 Active compensatory factors: Both my parents enjoyed this stuff - it was often playing at home and used during work dinner parties.

Hey - it was the sixties and easy listening for hip young sophisticates (which my parents were) was all the rage.

It's never been to my taste but I can listen to it now with a little bit more of an open mind.

Where do they all belong? In this case, they belong in my Easy Listening section, along with a dollop of other records my dad loved like Sounds Orchestral and Sergio Mendes.

No comments:

Post a Comment